Thursday, March 12, 2009

PROCRASTINATING...

Here I sit in the library, supposedly writing my capstone paper (I have about 13 pages of the required 25 completed).  Why do I love to procrastinate SO much?  Well, in reality, I don't LOVE it, yet I still do it ALL the time.  For some reason I work better under pressure when time is running out and the last minute has almost arrived.  Lately, however, I've been waiting until PAST the last minute to get things done.  Maybe it's senioritis or maybe it's the immense stress I've been under lately...I don't really know.  But currently, I have about an hour until I must email a copy of my rough draft of my capstone to my professor and I should have about 20 pages written but I really only have 13.  13 is an unlucky number...surprise SURPRISE, just like my life has been recently.

I am not an unlucky person, however.  In fact, I have had some very lucky things happen to me over my lifetime.  One such lucky occurrence would have to be the opportunity I had to study abroad in Spain and all of the life experiences, eternal memories, AND eternal friends that were gained from it.  Case in point, THE SIX CHIX.  We are FABULOUS!


  
HOOLIEEEE, our senior member, traveled to Thailand to teach English for a year, but on a whim and taking a risk for love, came home approximately 11 months early, and indeed gambled her way to success!  



Madiswan is getting married to her missionary in two months, and despite her missionary's two year absence, managed to kiss only one boy AND to take a liking to NOBODY else even amidst multiple dates/week and numerous fine, handsome and qualified suitors!  



Tiffany is married and excited to spend the rest of her life in KANSAS!  She will open her future 5-bedroom-home to the Six Chix on numerous occasions in order to host marvelous Six Chix reunions in which we will go to the replica Plaza de Espana (original in Seville) and dance around for the Asians to take photos of us.  



Raquel Gato is nearly engaged and just received a metallic, dark blue, full body suit in the mail.  She has already role-played the role of Cat Woman 754 times for Babs, her amazing long-legged, long distance running lover who does it longer!  



Laurena is currently serving a mission in the Croatia/Slovenia/Serbia&Montenegro/Bosnia&Herzegovina/every other cool part of the world mission!  She sings Croatian lullabies to the two-years-her-junior male missionaries. AND. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. IS. IN. LOVE. WITH. HER.  



Last but not least, Rindsey (that is myself) will graduate from BYU within the next four months whereafter she will try to find a job that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with her major!  She hopes to conquer the world, her first strategic step being to take over the Spanish ZARA empire as the Presidente de ZARA.




And those, ladies and gentleman, are the Six Chix.  What a wonderful blessing they have been in my life...never to be forgotten, NEVER to be forgotten!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

hahaha i freakin love you lindsey! THE SIX CHIX are amazing, that is for sure. we need to get going on madiswan's fuego del mundo, by the way...

lindseylovesZARA said...

yes. yes we do. did you ever find out when she is having her shower by the way?