Thursday, March 26, 2009

SO I'M ACTUALLY DOING THIS!

It's official!  I will be running the Utah Valley Marathon on June 12th!  I can't wait!  It sounds awesome because it starts up Provo Canyon just below the Deer Creek Reservoir and then you run all they way down and out of the canyon to the Provo Towne Center Mall.  I started training a week ago.  My first goal is to build my endurance.  Yesterday I ran 40 min.  Tomorrow I plan on running 45 min. and building up by 5 min. each time I run until I am running approximately 8 miles.  8 miles 4-5 times a week and then long runs every saturday and that's the plan!  Hopefully I can do it!  I have a few guy friends who said they might train and do it with me so that would make things a lot nicer...plus my Dad says he wants to run it with me...haha who knew?!  Apparently I am popular...at least for the moment...On top of lots of running I've also been attending with regularity Power Pump!  I'm finally getting back into the groove of things and am LOVING IT!  I feel healthy and happy :)

3 comments:

Michelle Tolboe said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! Good luck, it will be such a great accomplishment! PS my sister bought a book about running marathons there is a training schedule in it if you're looking for more advice. :)

Alexandra said...

SO YOU ACTUALLY DID THIS!!! WOOOT.

lindseylovesZARA said...

I FINALLY DID IT!!! don't you worry...that will be the title of my next post!!!