Sunday, March 8, 2009

So the last time I posted was in October.  Surprise SURPRISE.  I told you I probably wouldn't stick very well to the whole blogging world, and, as usual, I delivered.  But here I am, having just deactivated my facebook account for the first time ever and I have to find someway to get connected in the internet world.  So here again I turn to my blog.  Mind you, I will be returning to facebook eventually, I'm just super seriously sick of it right now.  I get on it all the time instead of going out in the world and doing real things.  So I'm trying to take a clean break, at least for a week or so until I can get my f-ing capstone rough draft paper written...AAAAHHHHHHHHH.  

So a quick update on life I suppose is in order.  Since my last entry I have completed my last Fall semester at BYU ever!!! (unless some plans change and I decide I'm not ready to leave school and enter the real world).  I have now begun my last full semester and it's really tough.  I have a season pass to The Canyons so it's been a release to go up skiing in Park City for the day whenever I get a chance.  Other than that my life has been not so fun.  My car got destroyed when a not-to-be-mentioned friend accidentally jumped my car battery the wrong way after it had died.  It fried my internal computer and had to be replaced at a cost of approximately $1500.  Not pretty. I was without a car and pretty much stranded in my apartment for about a month.   Also, I got very sick for a two week period, haven't been able to sleep well for almost the past month, and have had severe boy problems.  Alan and I broke up mid-January as a mutual "let's try to figure some things out" and since then it has turned into chaos.  My life has been turned upside down as my what once were future plans have now become very uncertain and I am forced to re-route my life.  I still love Alan very much, care for him dearly, and think of him as my best friend, but only time will tell whether or not it's meant to be.

On top of everything, it really doesn't help that all of my girlfriends are either dating someone seriously, engaged, or already married.  I feel very alone and have had some pretty dark days over the past few months.  I pray every day to just to make it through the day and for the strength to tackle whatever card life deals me.

In closing, I would like to give a serious thank you to those friends and members of my family who have been a HUGE support to me throughout this rough period in my life.  Honestly, without you guys, I'd be scared to think where I would be.  You know who you are and I want you to know that you have saved my life over and over, literally.

Old friends from Provo, if you're out there, please feel free to contact me.  I'm really looking to re-connect and have a good time like we used to.  I need it more than ever.

XOXO

LG

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

I ruv you rindsey...and i'm always here for you. You are a strong person and will be able to get through this. These are dark days for me too, but there is finally light at the end of our byu tunnel.

Jamie said...

PS. Lindsey I love you. You helped me through Econ 457 or whatever that one was and PL SC 200 and being a friend there when i was alone. You are tough and I have always admired you!

Rachael said...

i ruv rindsey pants. please come over more often. i will snuggle your sorrows away.

word verification: widnesst.